1. What is severe disability?
A person is considered severely disabled and in need of long-term care when they can’t independently perform at least three of the six Activities of Daily Living (ADLs) - washing, toileting, walking or moving around, transferring, feeding and dressing.
2. What is the minimum and maximum entry age for Singlife CareShield Plans?
The minimum entry age is 30 (as at last birthday) and the maximum entry age is 64.
3. Do I need to have CareShield Life or ElderShield in order to sign up for Singlife CareShield Standard or Singlife CareShield Plus Plans?
Yes, both Singlife CareShield Standard and Singlife CareShield Plus are CareShield Life / ElderShield supplements, so you need to be eligible for the Singapore government-approved plans.
4. Do I need a promo code to enjoy the 20% lifetime premium discount for Singlife CareShield Standard and Singlife CareShield Plus?
No, the discount will be automatically applied when you fulfil the promotion criteria during your purchase of these severe disability insurance plans through Singlife's website.
IMPORTANT NOTES (Source: Singlife website as at 20 Dec 2022)
All ages mentioned refer to age next birthday (ANB).
(1) Severe disability refers to being unable to perform at least two (for Singlife CareShield Plus) or three (for Singlife CareShield Standard) of the six Activities of Daily Living (ADLs). The ADLs are washing, toileting, feeding, dressing, transferring and mobility.
(2) There are two ways to pay for a limited time; the later of the two options will apply. The two ways are:
a) The Life Assured may pay up to the policy anniversary after they turn 68
b) The Life Assured may pay for 20 years from entry age (if Life Assured joins at age 49 or older
(3) MediSave use is applicable to an amount of up to S$600, per calendar year, per life assured. Premiums exceeding this limit will have to be paid in cash. If there are insufficient funds in the designated MediSave account, cash payment will be required for the difference.
(4) The monthly benefit refers to the monthly payout when the Life Assured suffers from a Severe Disability, as defined in the plan.
(5) The Life Assured may receive an additional 20% of their monthly benefit – for up to 36 months – while they’re receiving their monthly benefit or rehabilitation benefit.
(6) The Life Assured may receive an additional 60% of their monthly benefit – for up to 12 months – while they’re receiving their monthly benefit or rehabilitation benefit.
(7) Policyholder may exercise this option without providing further evidence of insurability at any of the following life stage events when the Life Assured:
a) purchases a property;
b) marries, divorces or is widowed;
c) becomes a parent by having a newborn child, or legally adopts a child below 19 years old;
d) salary increases by 50% or more from application;
e) completes a skills development course of at least 6 months;
f) purchases a new Individual Life insurance policy or a Supplementary Benefit from Singapore Life Ltd with full underwriting at standard terms; or
g) spouse suffers a severe disability (with the inability to perform at least 3 of the 6 ADL) or dies.
This option allows the Policyholder to increase the policy’s monthly benefit with extra premium payable. The total monthly benefit that can be increased under this option is limited to 50% of the policy’s initial monthly benefit as agreed at policy inception or at the date this option is exercised, whichever is lower. This option is extended to standard life only. Please refer to the Product Summary for more details.
(8) The Deferment Period is a period of 90 days from the date the Life Assured is confirmed and certified by an Appointed Assessor as being severely disabled. The monthly benefit, Lump Sum Benefit, Dependant Care Benefit and Caregiver Relief Benefit will be paid after the Deferment Period. Waiver of Premium is applicable after the Deferment Period. The Deferment Period shall be waived if the Life Assured suffers from a Severe Disability that arises from the same cause, within 180 days from ceasing to suffer from the Severe Disability.
(9) Payouts will be reviewed regularly and may be adjusted to account for claims experience and long-term changes in disability and longevity trends.
(10) A lump sum benefit will be payable if the Life Assured dies due to any accident or sickness while receiving either the Severe Disability Benefit or the Rehabilitation Benefit. The Death Benefit will amount to 3 times of the last paid Severe Disability Benefit or the Rehabilitation Benefit, whichever is applicable.
IMPORTANT NOTES REGARDING ADDITIONAL PREMIUM SUPPORT (APS) POLICY
Anyone who pays for, or is insured under Singlife CareShield Standard/ Singlife CareShield Plus, is not eligible for Additional Premium Support (APS) from the Government*.
If you are currently receiving APS to pay for your MediShield Life and/or CareShield Life premiums, and you choose to be insured under this Singlife CareShield Standard/ Singlife CareShield Plus policy, you will stop receiving APS. This applies even if you are not the person paying for this Singlife CareShield Standard/ Singlife CareShield Plus policy.
In addition, if you choose to be insured under Singlife CareShield Standard/ Singlife CareShield Plus policy, the person paying for Singlife CareShield Standard/ Singlife CareShield Plus will stop receiving APS, if he or she is currently receiving APS.
*APS is for families who need assistance with MediShield Life and/or CareShield Life premiums, even after receiving premium subsidies and making use of MediSave to pay for these premiums.
20% Lifetime Premium Discount [²]
[Footnote 2] Promotion terms and conditions apply. Please refer to the enclosed document for the promotion.
This policy is underwritten by Singapore Life Ltd and distributed by RHB Banking Group.
The information provided here is not intended as an offer or recommendation or solicitation or advice with respect to the purchase or sale of the above product. It is not an obligation of, deposit in or guaranteed by RHB. This is published for general information only and does not have regard to the specific investment objectives, financial situation and particular needs of any specific person. A copy of the Product Summary may be obtained from Singapore Life Ltd and the participating distributor’s officers. You should read the Product Summary before deciding whether to purchase the product.
You may wish to seek advice from a financial adviser representative before making a commitment to purchase the product. In the event that you choose not to seek advice from a financial adviser representative, you should consider whether the product in question is suitable for you. In the event that you decide that the policy is not suitable after purchasing the policy, you may terminate the policy in accordance with the free-look provisions, if any, and Singlife may recover from you any expense incurred by Singlife in underwriting the policy.
Free-look Provisions: Within 60 days after you have received the Policy, you may write to Singlife to cancel your Policy. Singlife will refund the premium(s) you paid (without interest) after deducting any expenses they incurred in assessing the risk under your Policy and in issuing the Policy, after they have received the written notification for cancellation. If this Policy was sent to you by post or delivered or downloaded via electronic means, you are considered to have received it by 7 days after posting or Singlife considers it delivered 7 days after they sent the Policy by electronic means or when the Policy is downloaded by you.
Buying a health insurance policy that is not suitable for you may impact your ability to finance your future healthcare needs. You will need to have a basic CareShield Life (CSHL) or ElderShield (ESH) policy before purchasing Singlife CareShield Standard and Singlife CareShield Plus ("Supplements"). Supplements purchased by CSHL policyholders are regulated under the CareShield Life and Long-term Care Act. Supplements purchased by ESH policyholders before the transfer of ESH to Government administration are considered ESH Supplements, which are regulated under the Central Provident Fund (Withdrawals for ElderShield Scheme) Regulations. After the transfer, they are considered CSHL Supplements, regulated under the CareShield Life and Long-term Care Act.
This is not a contract of insurance. Full details of the standard terms and conditions of this policy can be found in the relevant policy contract.
The information provided here has been obtained from sources believed to be reliable, however RHB makes no representation or warranty as to its accuracy, completeness or adequacy. You are to refer to Singlife website for the full details of the updated and complete product information at all times. RHB accepts no responsibility or liability for any direct or indirect losses or damages arising from or in connection with the use or reliance of the publication of the contents of the information here.
Information is accurate as of 20 Dec 2022.
This policy is protected under the Policy Owners' Protection Scheme which is administered by the Singapore Deposit Insurance Corporation (SDIC). Coverage for your policy is automatic and no further action is required from you. For more information on the types of benefits that are covered under the scheme as well as the limits of coverage, where applicable, please contact Singapore Life Ltd or visit the Life Insurance Association or SDIC websites (www.lia.org.sg or www.sdic.org.sg).
Underwritten by Singlife with Aviva
Singlife is a provider of MediSave-approved supplements such as CareShield Standard and CareShield Plus for CareShield Life and ElderShield.
This advertisement has not been reviewed by the Monetary Authority of Singapore.