Team Lead, Limits Administration & Middle Office
- Oversees and manage the credit control functions: Limits Administration and Middle Office.
- Ensures accuracy, efficiency and meet the agreed turnaround time with the Business Units while avoiding operational risks and losses.
- Drives effort to improve productivity, efficiency and lower costs via continuous process improvements.
- Builds business relationships/partnerships with key stakeholders, aligning actions to customer needs.
- Puts team’s interest first to deliver on expectations and commitment and participate in cross-functional collaboration.
- Maintain a collaborative working relationship with the Product Managers and Relationship Managers in the Business Units to help them achieve the sales targets and launch new products.
- Manage day-to-day limits management transactions such as loan shell creation, limit activation/maintenance, update of credit reviews, collateral maintenance and ensure that the agreed turnaround time with the business is met.
- Ensure timely monitoring and escalation of covenants, internal approval conditions, credit review, margin-call/force-sell, facility excesses. Monitor and track the expiry dates of collateral and insurances and perform insurance renewals.
- Respond to Business Units’ requests and enquiries within a stipulated time line;
- Monitor customer satisfaction regularly to ensure their objectives/goals are met or exceeded.
- Encourage active discussions and collaboration within the team so that they will be energized, engaged and motivated to achieve the department’s goal of being an inspired workforce.
- Identify staff for coaching and mentoring so as to improve the level of technical competency in the team. To identify potential leaders for grooming and nurturing which is in line with Group’s direction of building high performance culture.
- Be a role model by aligning actions, decisions and team’s priorities to reflect an excellence mind-set and a “can-do” attitude.
- Motivate the team to achieve high standards and consistently work towards meeting or exceeding commitments.
- Review and streamline internal work processes to improve turnaround time and ensure controls are in place to mitigate the risk areas.
- Encourage staff to come up with innovative ideas to improve internal work processes and to build a culture of continuous improvement within the team.
- Identify operational risks and implement measures/controls to plug the risk gaps so that processes are in line with the with all internal & external policies/guidelines and requirements of the regulators.
- Manage & contain the operating cost to ensure that it is kept within the cost allocated for the Unit.
- Deliver cost-savings from projects or process improvements to lower cost that is in line with the Group’s cost savings initiatives.
Preferred level of Experience (By years/function/industry):
- Minimum of 8 years’ related experience in a Financial Institution with exposure in credit processing for all credit products
Other skills required:
- Familiar with both consumer and corporate products and local regulatory requirements
- Good planning, organizational and problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Good interpersonal skills to drive cross-functional collaboration.
- Ability to deliver results/meet deadlines under pressure.
- Independent and resourceful
- Good University degree
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office specifically in Excel