Associate / Executive, Loan Documentation ( 6 months contract)
- Perform the daily BAU operations i.e. to support Corporate Banking, Commercial Banking, Retail SME, and Retail Banking’s post approval documentation processes within SG Branch.
- BAU duties include review of executed financing documents (both conventional and Islamic) including letters of offer & security documents, validate draft facility and security documents against approvals, post acceptance documentation checks up to availment of credit facilities, preparation of instructions to lawyers/valuers/insurers, updating of registers, redemption of facilities, custodisation of documents, and other ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Ensures accuracy, efficiency and meets the agreed turnaround time with the Business Units while avoiding operational risks and losses.
- Supports the effort to improve productivity, efficiency and lower costs via continuous process improvements.
- Maintains good business relationships/partnerships with key stakeholders, aligning actions to customer needs.
- Perform checks to ensure legal and security documentation are completed, conditions precedent is fulfilled prior to activation of credit facilities, monitoring of conditions subsequent and ensure that the legal and security documents are being custodized.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to perfect documentation and to safe-keep financing / security documents.
- Respond to Business Units’ requests and enquiries within a stipulated time line.
- Collaborate with the Team Lead to engage the Business Units on a regular basis to resolve BAU issues and improve cooperation between the teams.
- Actively participate as a member of a team to move the team towards completion of goals i.e. develop a service-oriented culture within the team.
- Maintain high standards for self-development to achieve/exceed the goals of the team and to derive satisfaction from achievement of goals and continuous improvement.
- Initiate action plans to achieve self-development goals which has to be in line with the department and Group’s direction of building high performance culture.
- Develop a mind-set of continuous learning to keep up with the pace of change in the Bank and to be competent in the job assigned.
- Provide specialist advice during process improvement workshops to improve the turnaround time for BAU processes.
- Identify operational risks and implement measures/controls to plug the risk gaps so that processes are in line with all internal & external policies/guidelines and requirements of the regulators.
- Plan and arrange tasks in order of importance so that all the assigned tasks can be completed within the time-line set without breaching the Service Level Agreements.
- Participate to contain the operating cost to ensure that it is kept within the cost allocated for the Team.
- Participate to deliver cost-savings from projects or process improvements that is in line with the Group’s cost savings initiatives.
Preferred level of Experience (By years/function/industry):
- At least 2 years’ related experience in a Financial Institution with related experience in credit documentation for credit products
Other skills required:
- A good university degree
- Familiar with both corporate and consumer products
- Resourceful and a good team player
- Conversant with related local regulatory requirements would be an added advantage.
- Good time management skills and ability to multi-task