Team Lead, AML Advisory & Policy
- Deputize the Section Head, AML Compliance to lead and manage the various teams/units in AML Compliance Section which includes Testing, Assurance, Training & Policy; Monitoring & Investigations; and Advisory & Client AML, Intelligence.
- Assist the Section Head, AML Compliance to oversee the entire AML Compliance function to meet MAS & BNM and the Group’s AML Compliance requirements for Singapore Branch, as well as ensure timely AML advisory to business & support units.
- Report and escalate significant AML/CFT concerns as well as other key AML updates to Head, Compliance Singapore and Senior Management to ensure immediate attention is given to address critical issues.
- Assist the Section Head to oversee the entire AML Compliance function to meet MAS & BNM regulators and the Group’s AML Compliance requirements for both Bank & Asset Management businesses in Singapore, as well as ensure timely AML advisory to business & support units.
- Escalate significant AML/CFT concerns to Head, Compliance Singapore and Senior Management to ensure immediate attention is given to address critical issues.
- Assist the Section Head to lead all AML Compliance Teams to ensure timely AML compliance advisory and AML/CFT regulatory updates given to the relevant stakeholders.
- Track project tasks and milestone; manage project and work stream project plans;
- Advise on RHB Bank branch and all regulated entities on AML policies/regulations in Singapore to achieve compliance
- Review reports to the Senior Management or relevant Committees on any non-compliance issues/matters that constitute significant AML/CFT concerns/issues;
- Liaise with the Authority to ensure good working relationship
- Provide regulatory advice and support to businesses in relation to MAS AML/CFT and Group AML Policy to ensure compliance
- Ensure that the AML transaction monitoring team close the alerts promptly and maintain proper documentation on the rationale of the closure
- Ensure the team file STRs to the relevant authorities promptly and attend to any follow-up requests from the relevant authorities
- Ensure the team maintained the parameters in the bank-wide system on AML remain current and relevant to address any new trends in this area
- Ensure the team maintained an updated AML training materials and track completion of AML e-learning.
- Carry out any other duties as and when instructed by the Head, Compliance Singapore from time to time;
- Assume leadership in any other projects or assignments instructed by the Head, Compliance Singapore.
- Degree and above in Business, Accounting, Finance, Law and relevant disciplines
- Preferably with AML professional qualifications/certifications
Preferred level of Experience (by years/function/industry):
- At least 8-10 years’ experience in AML Compliance in banking industry
Other skills required:
- Experience in dealing with regulators confidently
- Business Acumen and able to face off with various stakeholders (including Senior Management);
- Experience in managing a team
- Strong project management skills
- Team player