Contribute to the achievement of the department’s target business segment profit, to minimize number of NPL accounts and to ensure timely processing of credit approvals through:
• Prepare credit papers/proposals for Credit Committee approval, in support of Treasury Investment & Fixed Income Trading Desks.
• Recommend undervalued securities for Treasury Investment Portfolio by conducting credit & market research.
• Conduct regular review of the Treasury Investment Portfolio to improve the credit quality of the portfolio.
• Assignment of credit ratings using internally approved rating methodologies and models
• Adhering/full compliance with the credit policies established by the Bank as well as regulatory requirements
• Prepare credit proposals & presentations to Credit Committee for approvals and renewal.
• Regular review of Treasury Investment Portfolio with the objective to improve the credit quality of the portfolio.
• Manage the credit approval process in a timely manner with all relevant stakeholders.
• Assist TPC in setting credit limits in Treasury systems.
• Adhere to with established credit policies & regulatory requirements
• Collaborate closely with Investment Team and Fixed Income Trading Team to uncover investment opportunities or divest poor credits.
• Actively research and recommend undervalued securities for Investment Team.
• Actively recommend deteriorating credit for early disposal of bad credit.
• Good Degree preferably in Finance or Accountancy.
• Qualified Chartered Financial Analyst preferred.
Preferred level of Experience (by years/function/industry):
• Minimum 5 years of Credit Analysis or equivalent experience in a reputable Financial Institution.
Other skills required:
• Strong knowledge of Credit Risk and Financial Markets.
• Good communications and presentation skills.
• Proficient in word processing, spreadsheets and editing tools.