Credit Evaluation Manager/Senior Manager
To ensure recommendations and approvals for new and review loans result in no more than 2% of loans turning NPL within 12 months and approval turnaround time is met by:
- Conducting credit risk evaluation and approving /rejecting or recommending for approval, credit applications submitted by Corporate Banking (‘CORP’), Islamic Banking (IB), Commercial Banking (‘CB’), Financial Institutions Group (‘FIG’) and Personal Financial Services (‘PFS’)
- Provide credit risk evaluation of credit applications submitted by the various business units and identify / address / mitigate all pertinent credit risk issues.
- Approve credit applications within ‘Delegated Lending Authority’ assigned or recommend to next higher approving level for approval in accordance with the DLA architecture set out.
- For credit applications submitted by CORP, IB, CB & FIG, to review the ‘credit risk grade’ generated and affirm or reject / override the credit grade with justification.
- For credit applications submitted by PFS, to ensure that the respective product parameters, credit guidelines and regulatory requirements are met or well mitigated.
- Evaluate and approve, reject or recommend operational and administrative requests of CORP, IB, CB, FIG & PFS customers such as variation of terms & conditions.
- Keep abreast of industry developments, market sentiments and the general business trend and their impact on our banking business.
- Ensure that credit applications submitted are in line with the Bank’s credit guidelines & policy, rules and regulations as laid down in the Bank’s circulars and operations manuals, regulatory requirements (MAS Notices and Circulars, Banking Act).
- Address issues raised by auditors and MAS relating to credit matters.
- Undertake ad-hoc projects and other duties assigned by Head of Credit Evaluation from time to time.
- Conduct joint customer visits with business units to better understand risks pertaining to their credit applications and provide them guidance on structuring of credit facilities.
- Assist in the day-to-day operations and administrative functions of the department.
- Degree /professional qualifications in Business, Accounting, Banking, Finance, Economics or other relevant disciplines
Preferred level of Experience (by years/function/industry)
- Degree /professional qualifications in Business, Accounting, Banking, Finance, Economics or other relevant disciplines.
- Minimum 10 years working experience in credit risk evaluation /analysis of corporate, SME and retail lending. Knowledge of MAS statutory requirements is required for retail lending (i.e. housing & commercial property loans).
- Possess strong credit writing and analytical skills in corporate /SME lending.
Other skills required
- Good communication and interpersonal skills.